Acsm's Guidelines For Exercise Testing And Prescription 11/E
|Publisher||Login Brothers Canada|
The flagship title from the prestigious American College of Sports Medicine, this critical handbook delivers scientifically based, evidence-informed standards to prepare you for success.
Providing succinct summaries of recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased patients, this trusted manual is an essential resource for all exercise professionals, as well as other health professionals who may counsel patients on exercise including physicians, nurses, physician's assistants, physical and occupational therapists, dieticians, and health care administrators. The extensively updated eleventh edition has been reorganized for greater clarity and integrates the latest Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.
- UPDATED! Integrated guidelines, including the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, reflect the most current, clinically sound approaches to exercise testing and prescription.
- NEW! Chapter on conditions that affect the brain familiarizes students with specific strategies for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, autism, depression and anxiety.
- UPDATED! Enhanced organization helps students find information quickly and easily.
- FITT (Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type) boxes make locating critical exercise prescription information quick and easy.
- Revised appendices integrate valuable information on ECGs, medication and emergency management where it is most relevant. A new appendix on metabolic equations is included.
- Additional boxes, tables, and figures highlight important concepts and approaches at a glance.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today's eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more.